Typical Lucca cuisine
Lucca and its province they offer a remarkable variety of typical products, fruit of a peasant tradition attentive to the genuineness of raw materials and respect for flavors.
Buccellato, castagnaccio, spelled, fresh pasta (maccheroni, tordelli ...), necci, olive oil, fine wines they are just some of the fruits of Lucca's en-gastronomy.
With typical products of such high quality it is not surprising that the cuisine of Lucca, simple and appetizing, is known and appreciated all over the world.
We propose below some of the most famous recipes to prepare alone or to taste in one of the many trattorias of the city.
Spelled, dried borlotti beans, ham rind, carrot, celery, sage, onion, cinnamon, garlic, peeled tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper
• Cook the beans in salted water
• Add sage, garlic and pork rind
• Prepare a sauté with oil, onion, carrots and celery and add tomato, cinnamon, salt and pepper
• When the beans are cooked, pass them and put them back on the stove
• Add the spelled and cook for an hour
• Serve with a little oil and pepper
Flour, a slice of roast pork and one of beef, bread, Parmesan and grated pecorino cheese, eggs, pepolino, parsley, salt and pepper.
• Finely chop the roast and the pork, add the Parmesan and the pecorino cheese, two eggs, the minced parsley, the pepolino, salt and pepper
• Spread the flour needed for 4 eggs and work for a few minutes, adding a pinch of salt. Smooth very thin in strips about ten centimeters wide.
• Place small amounts of the filling on the dough at regular intervals.
• Close each single tortello with the dough and cut one by one in a semicircle with a glass
• Cook in salted water
• Serve with meat sauce and parmesan
A rabbit (cut into small pieces), peeled tomatoes, black olives, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, white wine, salt, pepper
• Sauté in the oil a mixture of rosemary and garlic
• Add the rabbit
• Pour in wine, salt and pepper and let withdraw
• Add the tomatoes and cook for an hour
• Ten minutes before the end of cooking, add the olives
Fresh onions, bacon, minced beef, vegetables (artichokes, asparagus tips, peas and broad beans), bread
• Fry the onions with the bacon cut into small strips
• Add the pulp and mix a few minutes
• Add the vegetables continuing to mix for another 15 minutes
• Once the ingredients have been amalgamated, leave to withdraw
• Serve on slices of toasted bread